The benefits of switching to a Macbook
An Apple laptop is a brand of laptop computer created by Macintosh. Apple notebook computers are popular among the design community and are becoming more and more popular among business professionals.
Apple is well-known for its popular Mac laptops – the MacBook, the Macbook Air and the MacBook Pro. Switching to a MacBook has its benefits. MacBooks come in different sizes, but they're all thin, lightweight and WiFi enabled, so they are perfect for busy people on the go. The MacBook Air is actually the world's thinnest notebook, and the MacBook is only 13 inches in size for ultra-portability.
The MAC OS operating system is very user friendly and supports Mac-compatible versions of your favorite Windows applications, including the entire Microsoft Office Suite. All MacBooks come with the latest version of Mac OS (referred to as "Leopard") and other Apple applications, including iLife, Safari Web browser and iTunes Media Player.
If you're thinking about making the switch to a MacBook, visit your local Apple store, where you can try out all of the MacBooks until you find the right fit for your needs. Be sure to look online before you buy, though – the Internet often harbors better deals.
- The AppleCare Protection Plan, which gives you three years of warranty coverage for your Mac operating system and hardware
- How much hard drive space do I need?
- Will the hard drive, processor, RAM memory and other components meet my needs for the next few years?
- What is the return policy in case I decide to switch back to PC?
- Are any of my current computer accessories Mac compatible?
- How much will I need to spend on Mac-compatible software and accessories?
- What size of laptop do I want?
- MacBook Air
- MacBook Pro
Common Accessories or Add-Ons
- Apple iPod
- External Hard Drive
- Adobe Creative Suite 3
- Apple Wireless Keyboard and Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse
- Office 2008 for Mac
- Protective carrying case
Mac laptop prices range from $1,099 for the 13-inch, 2.1 GHz MacBook (white) to $2,799 for the 17-inch, 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro.
The benefits of switching to a MacBook are numerous. Besides being the sleekest-looking laptops available today, MacBooks are thin, lightweight and wireless enabled for people on the go. PC users looking to switch to Mac will enjoy the user-friendly MAC OS operating system, and with Microsoft applications now available for Mac, they won't have to sacrifice their favorite programs.