Find new games to enjoy through GameStop
Headquartered in Texas, GameStop is a multinational retailer of video games, consoles and accessories. The company has over 6,000 traditional retail stores located throughout the world, and also offers an online retail operation with shipping to over 200 countries. It is one of the largest video game retailers in the world, with 2009 revenues totaling more than $9 billion.
One of the major advantages of the GameStop business model is that the company's size allows it to offer a tremendous number of titles for a complete range of gaming platforms. GameStop stocks merchandise for all models of the Xbox, PlayStation and Wii consoles, as well as an enormous library of PC games and games for the popular consoles of yesteryear.
GameStop's Online Services
Shopping online at GameStop is a streamlined experience, thanks to a well-designed website that supports easy browsing. Users can find what they're looking for using the search feature, or by navigating tabs at the top of the page. The tabs automatically open drop-down menus that allow you to find not only game titles, but also a broad range of featured deals, accessories and hardware for the gaming platform of your choice.
Currently supported gaming platforms include:
- Xbox 360 and Xbox One
- PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Wii U and Wii
- PC games
Users can also find titles and accessories for older systems, including the Nintendo GameCube, the PlayStation 2, the Nintendo GBA, and more. The site also offers a large and ever-changing inventory of collectibles if you're looking for older consoles and games for systems like the ActiVision, Atari, Intellivision or Commodore 64.
Modes of Payment
When you're shopping online at GameStop, you should keep in mind that you have more options than simply paying via credit card. The company also allows customers to trade in previously-owned merchandise for store credit towards new purchases. This is a great way for you to earn something for your old games and accessories, bringing down the price of that new console or game you've been looking for. Also, sale prices are rolled out on select merchandise all the time, so be sure to check out the special offers tab when you visit.
More than Just Video Games…
In addition to games, consoles and gaming accessories, GameStop offers a limited selection of other consumer electronics, including smartphones, smartphone accessories, media players, tablet computers and laptops. As with its gaming products, you can purchase new or pre-owned merchandise for highly competitive prices.
Additional Features and Services
Be sure to check out the following features and services, exclusively available through GameStop's online retail operation:
- PowerUp Rewards. GameStop offers special deals and discounts to its regular customers through its PowerUp Rewards program. The more you shop, the more power points you accrue, and the more you save!
- Trade value estimator. If you have items you'd like to trade in, you can use the GameStop trade value estimator to see how much they might be worth.
- Events. GameStop regularly holds community events for people who are avid and active gamers. Events include sneak peeks at upcoming game titles, convention booths, and much more. You can also check with your local GameStop retailer to see if there are any upcoming events scheduled for your area.
- Sweepstakes. The company regularly holds sweepstakes draws, in which you can win a wide range of games, consoles, and valuable accessories. Sweepstakes eligibility varies according to the region you're in, so visit your country's GameStop site to learn more and sign up.
- RSS feed. If you want all the latest GameStop news and up-to-the-minute information on newly available new and pre-owned merchandise, you can subscribe to the GameStop RSS feed and receive instant notifications.